Heads Up! A Party Invitation

I wanted to give you a “heads up” that the next Use Me and Abuse Me Day is coming up this Wednesday, June 6th. That’s the day you can come to my blog for a virtual party. You are welcome to leave a link to one of your posts in my comment section on Wednesday. I found that leaving a hook  or brief description helped lure readers to your blog.

Remember that you don’t go to a party with a to-go box, fill it with appetizers, and leave. In other words, don’t drop off your link without clicking on a few. This is an interactive party where you look for new bloggers to hook up with. Well you know what I mean. Introduce yourself. Chat them up! You may even subscribe to a couple!

Since I will be allowing you to abuse my comment section, all I ask in return is to consider subscribing to my blog.

Capturing these photos to get the point across gave me a headache….It seemed like such a simple idea. “Heads Up, right?” I think my husband Danny poured a couple hundred tennis balls on my head to get these shots…..

I took this after 8 tennis balls bounced off my head…

Missed the shot again! My eyes are still crossed…

This is about to put my eye out!

This one hit the planter and then my shoulder after 6 balls hit my head…

Snapped too early

I was laughing so hard, I had to lose the scarf. Closed my eyes! Dang it!

Am I yawning or about to be knocked unconscious?

Why can’t I learn Photoshop and super-impose them like everyone else?

Well anyway, you get the idea….

Head’s up! The next Use Me and Abuse Me Day is coming this Wednesday, June 6th. Get ready for another virtual party!

I will post around 7:00 AM Mountain Time

There is still time to choose the ending in Fractured Dreams!

This entry was posted in Humor, Life and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

71 Responses to Heads Up! A Party Invitation

Okay, well . . . this is embarassing. I usually try not to be the first to show up to the party, but I guess that’s what happens when I’ve got all morning to myself. I wanted to paste an old post about action movies, but I’ll come back later with that one. In the interim, I’ll paste this post. And what makes it so special you may ask? Well, it was the first time Ms Colorado commented on my blog, that’s what. http://drinkswellwithothers.wordpress.com/2012/03/03/things-always-happen-in-a-way-outside-of-normal/

2. debbrunson says:

Absolutely hilarious!! Hope you don’t have a forehead bruise ;) Thanks for being the happy hostess!

3. Great pics! <3

I've got my party hat ready and plenty of confetti!

4. Cute, Susie! Are you going to send out a reminder about tomorrow? I have the attention span of a gnat. :)

5. 8teen39 says:

That Danny is a lucky man! Having a wife who asks to be abused? And getting to take photos, too? I have to always beg. And I dare not point the camera her way. The last time she allowed me to take photos was on our wedding night. Well, it was really only our wedding day! But it was after 5.

6. Yatin says:

If the preview is so entertaining I am sure the event would be blast :) Looking forward to the party. Btw: DO you maintain the flowers in the backyard too? When do you get time for that?

I do and I still have annuals to pot. I love getting my hands dirty and it is a great way to take a break and get some fresh air. Some of the pots are on a drip system which helps since I have around 30 of them!
      Thanks Yatin. See you tomorrow!

7. jbw0123 says:

OK, got me. Subscribing … right … now. Life’s been way to serious at this end of the computer screen.

I am so glad and tomorrow you can party with us! My blog is never serious. Silly, quirky, and humorous with a little flash fiction thrown in now and then… :)
      See you tomorrow!

8. Susie,are you hurt?Wonders will never cease…lol!!!

Hahaha! I started to get a headache, but it went away when I was done shooting. No surprise there. I hope you will stop by with a link to your blog on Wednesday!

That is too funny girl! Dropping tennis balls on your head for a picture. You needed to get in one of those kids ball pits and have them drop the load on you. Then put the camera on continuous shooting. That would have been something. Now go find one!

The party sounds like a blast. Parties at your place always are. :D

10. After seeing and being amused by your pictures, I concluded that it’s a good thing that your husband doesn’t like golf… But I’ll definitely show up for your party. I’ll be there or be square! Or maybe octagonal… I know that I’ll be in good shape at your party, which is a good thing! Cause otherwise, who knows what kind of shape I might be in??? LOL

11. OK, this time I am digging something deep and maybe even a little serious. My blog has nosedived like a cargo freighter in Nigeria since I left so I could use a boost from your many loyal readers :-)

12. ledrakenoir says:

You are great with the tennis balls – lot better than me – honestly… ‘big smile’

“Use Me and Abuse Me Day”?
    Sounds cool, Susie!

14. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    That’s great, another party and heaps of fun, and I just love your photos. :D

15. Ha! Love the photos with the tennis balls. Did you ask your DH what he was thinking of as he threw them?! “Thats for the time you made me watch Desperate Housewives…” :D

16. mj monaghan says:

Sounds interesting, Susie. I wasn’t around the blog world for the last one since I’m relatively new to this (only about 8 mos. now). Will have to join up on Wednesday. Thanks for the invite.

17. Ha – you had me laughing and cannot wait until June 6th! Have a Great Day:)

18. Go Jules Go says:

ha ha ha! Oh! Susie! You do me PROUD with this photo shoot; I am giggling away. And? It’s kind of unfair that you still look hawt while having tennis balls thrown at your gourd.

Your ‘use me and abuse me’ idea is such a great one – the last was a MASSIVE success – I loved it!

I’m on it chica! It was a great idea last time and I was able to discover some good blogs. Blissful Adventurer and LameAdventures rock! Hope to meet a couple more. By the way, that day was my highest visitors rating, You’re awesome. You Rock! Some people actually ventured off to check out the Guat :)

20. After seeing these photos I can only say one thing: you are awesome. Or heinous. (is that the word you’re hoping to bring back? I know it was an H word…)

Hideous! Hahaha! I am still laughing….
      I hope you will come by with a link to share since there will be a lot of new bloggers to check out!
      Thanks Darla! You are the hideoust! …looks like a French word…. :)

21. Excellent idea! It was really wonderful last time!
    And, should you find the answer to the question on why you can’t learn Photoshop – please publish the answer in your blog!

It’s only because I haven’t bought it! Hahaha! I should bite the bullet and take a class…someday. I think I would have a lot of fun with it since I love messing around with photography.
      I am so glad to hear that you will be coming to the party. See you Wednesday Scott!

22. Very funny photos Susie – a lot more natural than being photoshopped, I’d say! I’ll see if I can call by once again on Wednesday… which means I’ll call again on Wednesday!

These are untouched photos I can assure you or I would have taken the wrinkles out of my forehead! :) I just adjusted the color.
      I am so glad you will be coming to the party Tom. I really enjoyed reading everyone’s posts last time!d See you Wednesday~
      Excellent!

23. Ha! Love it. I can’t figure Photoshop out either, but woman, you don’t need it. Looking forward to partying with you and your gang as always!

Oh you are too kind! Hahaha! At first I looked at the photos and thought they were too unattractive to use. Then I realized that was the “beauty” of them and used the ones that contained a ball!
      Looking forward to seeing you on the 6th too!
      Thanks August~

24. At least the last picture on this post was not you lying flat on your back tennis ball bruised and passed out. I think we should be ordered to subscribe and donate Nerf balls. To be continued on Wednesday, buddy!

I should have had one taken like that! What was I thinking? We just came down from the mountains and it was threatening to rain so I took these in a hurry.
      Love the Nerf ball idea for next time. Wait, next time???? I think I would wear a hard hat! :)
      See you on Wednesday!

25. oh my god Susie that scarf was the only protection you had. :shock:

Thank you for the use and abuse me day! I can’t believe how you enjoy abusing your own head by standing in front of a tennis ball throwing machine… awesome!

27. Susie: Been subscribed from day one and this is such a wonderful thing you are doing. Just tell me one of those balls did not hit you..:)

HUGGGGGGGGGGGGG

28. That’s hilarious. What time you posting?

29. It’s like coming to the fair coming here, you’re awesome!

30. sfbell09 says:

Excellent dodging skills. I am guessing the scarf adds an agility bonus. See you all Wednesday!

31. EllieAnn says:

Yay! Another par-tay!
    These pictures are so great. You have an awesome sense of humor, Miss Susie. =)

Thanks Ellie! When I first looked at them, I thought they are so awful since I am flinching and squinting in these foreshortened photos, but then I thought, “That’s what makes them funny!”
      See you Wednesday!

32. Andrew says:

What?! You lost your scarf? But everybody knows that’s the best type of tennis ball armor.

33. Gosh, I’m like you with Photoshop, I’m afraid. But these photos are fun! I will be back on Wednesday. Promise!
    Hugs,
    Kathy

I can’t come to the party this week because too busy but please keep inviting me because I think it is a brilliant idea Susie! Jx

35. Katie Glenn says:

These pictures crack me up!! “See” you on Wednesday. :)