Move Over Reese Witherspoon!

After all the begging, pleading, and licking, I caved. No, I didn’t run out and buy those fancylike hiking shoes even though Roxy has been lusting for them. She still LOVES her Ghetto Mittens.

She wouldn’t take no for an answer, so I gave in and made another movie.

I know you think her Ghetto Mittens are cruel and unusual punishment, but the video proves how much Roxy really loves them. It also shows that she is a real camera hound. She LOVES the attention.

She has a lot to say in her new feature. Roxy knows every line from Legally Blonde, so watch out Reese Witherspoon!

Here is the original!

Are you a dog or a cat person?

About Susie Lindau

This entry was posted in Humor, Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

71 Responses to Move Over Reese Witherspoon!

I had forgot that moment in filmmaking. And now we have another! Throwing treats to get your dog to do something is one thing… Fake Throwing is another… have you seriously thought of the psychic ramifications of such actions… I did not see the ‘no animals were harmed’ disclamer at the end either… but then, the look on Roxy’s face said it all… ‘l’ll amuse the poor thing’…

2. There’s something about your blog–Miss Priss and Scooter were perfectly content watching TV with their father and then zap–they heard Roxie’s name. They each had to have a turn sitting on my lap watching Roxie while the other one sat on an extra chair. Heaven forbid I should make one of them be on the floor. I’m sure they wanted to know what new item(s) they might ask for next.

I love it! Roxy is so happy that they watched her video and are wearing the shoes. She is still begging for them. I need to get out to REI and buy a pair or two!
      So funny! I bet they are super cute.

That is soo wrong. Funny as hell in a handbasket, but still wrong. Which only goes to show that my nomination of Susie Wild Ride for One Lovely Blog is peach.
    You and Danny have to get those Ghetto Mittens onto Shark Tank, pronto.

4. So cute! I am definitely a dog person.

5. Ray says:

Well, since this was so cute, I shared it with a friend-challenged them to match it;-)

6. lynnkelleyauthor says:

Roxy is so cute in her ghetto mittens. Great idea to add them to her hind feet, too! What a good dog! I’m a dog person. We have two dogs now. Before we moved, we had four dogs, and five a year before that. I need to stay away from puppies!

7. Marianne says:

I used to be exclusively a dog person, but now – I´m both! :)

8. Dog person all the way! Though I’ve met a few cats who seem to think they’re dogs…and seem just as affectionate and lovable. All depends on the personality and temperament, I suppose—like people, right? ;)

9. Since I’m deathly allergic to cats, but not to dogs, I’m a dog person, but if I didn’t have allergies it would be very easy for me to be into both. I adore those critters. Roxy has a wonderful temperament. She’s playful, affectionate and well-trained. The dogs in my family can best be described in a single word: maniacs.

Awwwww!

Dog or cat person? Both. Our family consisted of 4 humans, a dog, and two kitties. At night, altogether too often, a 150 pound Newfie slept on my legs, whilst the kitties were nearby, sometimes on my ex, sometimes me, sometimes in the middle.

So cute! Yes, you have defended yourself admirably. :) I love cats and dogs equally but for different reasons. I love a cat’s independence, making them great companions for a writer. And I love a dog’s loyalty, making them great listeners for when I hit writer’s block. :)

That is a great analysis! It is hard when Roxy wants to play and I have to work. She has a big yard and doggie door, so she can always go outside and look for a squirrel to bark at. Hahaha!
      Thanks!

I’m smiling, too cute. She definitely wanted those mittens on! Cat or dog, well, I’ve had both and now have two cats. I’m a horse lover.

13. OMG! I am dying over here…lol! I notice a look on Roxy’s face that clearly said…”My agent is going to hear about this one! I am suppose to be getting 1 treat per Ghetto Mitten according to my contract!” Roxy is a little ham! I love her…

Hahahaha! I know what you mean! It was when she looked at me with her ears down and went into submissive mode so I could put them on.
      I have been getting calls from her agent. I guess I will have to start paying attention or she may go on strike!
      Thanks! I love her too!

14. zannyro says:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! I LOVED IT!! Can I be a cat AND a dog person?

Roxy is the most patient dog ever!

I’m a cat person. I’ve had dogs and dearly loved them. But there is nothing like the feeling of unwantedness you get when you call your cat and she looks at you like you’re speaking Martian.

Roxy ROCKS! Such a patient dog. :)

18. marydpierce says:

Roxy is adorable – you are one lucky lady, Susie!
    I like both cats and dogs, but have neither. My husband is not a fan. Maybe one day, when we’re not on the go so much. Meanwhile, I live vicariously through videos like this, so THANKS, Roxy!!

Roxy looked so sad when you were putting those ghetto mittens on her.LOL and then you tossed her over the stairs!!! LMAO. That poor dog. I’m glad she’ going to reach super dog stardom from this. :D

20. Dogs are okay as long as they’re in the back yard – someone else’s. Cats – not so much so.

21. Roxy is so adorable! Those ghetto mittens are awesome. I might have to try that with our dogs and see if they like them as much as Roxy does. What fun!

22. Julie Catherine says:

Hahaha, awesome vids, I was giggling all the way through! Roxy is a good sport – and she knows mittens means treats – smart! :)

23. She looks like she wants to put them on you..:)
    HUGGGGGGGGGGG

24. Susie, the second part of the conversation between Roxy and the dog with the fancylike hiking booties went something like this:

Roxy: “It must be so embarrassing for you to have to wear those things!”

Deeply Humiliated Hiking Dog: “You know it! You’re so lucky your people don’t subject you to this kind of thing!”

Roxy: “….um…..I guess you haven’t seen me on youtube yet…”

Those must be some extra-delicious doggie treats :)

25. I just tried to get my dog to watch this on my phone but I think she though the dog noise was in the yard hee hee.

26. Angelia Sims says:

I loved how she kicked her back foot up when her ghetto mitten went on. THAT is some style to be that kickin’ in ghetto mittens. Go Roxy!! I hope there is another sequel. She gets better and better. Soon you will have her mopping floors. :-)

She is a character!
      Roxy tucked her head down so I could put them on her back legs! Hahaha!
      She loves to “ride” on carpets too. I haven’t been able to teach her to skateboard, but you never know…
      Thanks for watching!

27. AAARGH! My laptop (Huey P. ACKard) freezes when I play videos. I would purchase a new one, but have been told not to until after Christmas. So much for my “surprise” present.

I am totally a dog person. It’s so easy to mess with them and make them happy. They soak up the attention. Love it, love it, love it.

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I want to come back as one of MY dogs in my next life. We live in a giant doghouse, courtesy of our two yellow labs.

Love Roxie’s Ghetto mittens, even tho’ I didn’t get to see them in action, Susie.

Sorry about that! My computer was freezing up a couple of days ago. I guess it wanted to do a Windows update. Once it got it out of its system, it started running smoothly again.
      I also delete its cookies once a week. I wish someone would delete mine!
      Dogs have it made! Mine is now in the habit of sleep on the very tippy top of every upholstered couch and chair in the house. She is pretty short….

28. Catie Rhodes says:

Love it. I could watch one of these every day. Roxy is such a good sport.

29. becca3416 says:

Ghetto Mittens, too funny. I am totally a cat person, but I am still desperately wanting a puppy as well!

30. Katie Glenn says:

Haha, she is such a good sport! Too funny!

31. Chris says:

My dog had an injury on her foot and I had to put something on it to keep her from licking out the stitches. I used children’s socks-little knee socks and ankle socks in bright colors. She loved them. Roxy is a riot.