Friday Photo – Twisted Sisters and an Invitation to Party!

OoooO! OoooO!

Let the Friday fun begin – with a “flash photo.”

The crowd hit the forest’s dance floor as they swayed in the melodic wind. A gnarly aspen bumps and grinds the twisted two-some while wearing a toothy grin.

You never know what you’ll find when looking for adventure in Colorado…

The next Use Me and Abuse Me Day is coming up next Wednesday, October 3rd. Get ready to share a link to one of your blog posts and party in the comment section.

If you need a Friday chuckle click here!

For a flash fiction from the Wild Archives click here!

This entry was posted in Humor, Life, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to Friday Photo – Twisted Sisters and an Invitation to Party!

1. Love the photo and looking forward to another one of your lively online parties. I was going to say that I was looking forward to using and abusing you again, but I didn’t, because I’m feeling uncharacteristically tame tonight. Lol
    However, if there is dancing, and I hope that there is, I know that I will enjoy it. :-)

Another use me and abuse me day? Are you celebrating my kid’s birthday? You’re so sweet!

I like the happy smile on the trunk!

Nice poem… made me think of you and your now famous ‘dancing’… You are definitely cuter than the Aspen.

OOH… very excited about Wed. and another chance to tell people about my PhotoLog http://tedbooksdailypics.com… I’ll include the web address next time…

5. B. L. Crisp says:

Blessed with such beautiful nature around you! :) Lovely shot!

6. It’s a beautiful shot! Out in nature :) I love it!

7. Beautiful shot Susie…trees are so uplifting..

I love your forest photos…

9. Karen McFarland says:

“Any wild thoughts? Why yes. I dream of taking a walk through those beautiful Aspens of Colorado in your picture Susie. It’s been too long since my last visit. I can practically smell their aroma as I partake of the fresh mountain air. Ahhhhhh. :)

10. Your pictures are so amazing! I want you to assemble a bunch and make me a coffee table book. You can write cute little anecdotes below each one if you wish, in fact, I’d prefer that.

Hey, there’s an idea – you should sell coffee table books. You’d be rich. You’d be famous. You could buy any freaking pillow you wanted and sleep good every single night!

Just a thought.

11. Katie Glenn says:

“See” you Wednesday!!

12. Stacy Green says:

Awesome photo, Susie. Love old, gnarled trees like that. Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to your party.

13. Angelia Sims says:

Naughty, naughty. I think they have been watching Muddy Tree Dancing again. :-)

14. Trees, love em! See you at the party and have a great weekend!

Sweeeeeeeeeet. Can’t wait to party on. I heard that Blissful Adventurer already left Colorado and he wanted to do a whole collaboration with you on your use me and abuse me day … perhaps if you head out on one of your adventures to Cali you can dance bomb it :)

16. Love the photo, and your parties! Have a great weekend. :)

17. Love the photo! The trees look sexy. I think they’re doing “The Bump”

18. marydpierce says:

I LOVE that photo! But, I see a face on the leanin’ tree (Boulder reference), so that to me, the tree is leaning head and shoulder into the skinny trees. Love the hints of purple in the shot. Gorgeous!!

Another party?! Yay. I missed the last one. You’re such a great party-thrower, Susie. You’re awesome!!

19. sfbell09 says:

That tree looks like it’s gonna break a hip out there!
    Lookin’ forward to Wednesday, I am sure it is going to be excellent (again!)

20. If trees had genders I’d think that the thick one is the female giving the skinny male a hip chuck. I also think I need more caffeine chased with a morphine drip to ease the pain of living.

21. Gnarly Susie…:)
    HUGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Gnarled trees are my favorite.

Morning…..crazy times here on my computer. Twisted sisters…yeah I love those twin trees out back. Once you see one you see so many.

I have never seen them twisted like that! I had a couple of ficus that had been twisted to hold a golf ball for Father’s day! They didn’t last too long. I don’t think they preferred the entanglement!

24. Oooh! Can’t wait for your next party! (And that is a gorgeous photo, Susie! You are celebrating autumn in a big way!)

Great! I will look forward to reading your post!
      I took an amazing photo of the front range this morning from my porch. There was fog in the valley and snow in the mountains. It has been a beautiful season. Thanks!