‘Tis an Attempt to Make You Smile!

‘Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house,

Not a creature was stirring, the family was out.

DSCN8399

Woke up at 6:00. Left @ 6:30 – Gone Shreddin. Love Kelly. Call meh for da plan. High 4!

The stockings were emptied, what remained were the hooks,

The only memory of Santa had been read in books.

whatstockings

With Roxy dressed up in her coat and a cap,

I settled down for a mid-morning nap.

alongwintersnap

With a jolt I woke up and discovered the time,

“What the heck am I doing, I must go online!

It’s been nearly a week since I blogged a post,”

And I thought of blog friends that I miss the most.

So I dashed out this letter in hope of some smiles,

To reach out to others across the miles.

And although this is lame and took a short time,

My wish to those reading is happiness in rhyme.

So enjoy your families during this special week

And I will catch up in 2013!

~~~~~

Don’t worry. I will catch up with you before that, but it rhymed really well and my toast is done and I need to get out to the after Christmas sales and Roxy is barking to go outside…

Enjoy the holidays!

What are you up to this week?

This entry was posted in Humor, Life, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

89 Responses to ‘Tis an Attempt to Make You Smile!

1. Archon's Den says:

I *liked* that you stopped by my site and left graffiti to prove it. I’ve seen you around on several sites, particularly B’man’s. Like his and yours, the comments are so thick that I often don’t leave one. If you ever have trouble sleeping, feel free to return for some soporific soothing.

2. Jay Holmes says:

I am working on “stuff” in my garage. Don’t ask me what “stuff” is. I’m a guy and as long as I am working on “stuff” you should accept that as a generous and complete answer.

Happy New Year to all. Now go get some stuff done!

It’s my daughter’s birthday today! My sister’s, son’s, and husbands was in November so I have been working on stuff for a while now! Tonight I am sitting down not doing anything, but laughing at Grumpy Cat memes. Don’t judge…. :)
      Thanks for coming by Jay!
      Happy New Year to you!

Very cute. I, myself, am nursing strep throat, as are my children. So, we’re very quiet this week. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Susie. :)

4. claywatkins says:

Thanks! Much the same here – the time between Christmas and New Year’s Eve always goes quickly, almost as quick as the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. I blinked and it was gone! Up north in midwestern snow country – northern Michigan where my kids will get to board and ski and have fun, oh how I wish they could play the Rocky Mountain slopes. Have a Happy New Year!

Hey! I learned something about time this year. If you break out of your routine every day, the memory will stick!
      I skied Indianhead one year when Jackson Hole didn’t get any snow. It was a blast!
      Happy New Year to you too Clay!

5. filbio says:

Fun poem that made me smile! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

6. Claire D says:

Your poem was hilarious – thanks for making me smile!

7. That dog looks totally (and happily) exhausted.(great fireplace!)
    Cute post. Enjoy all that this week has to offer – and get ready for the new year!

8. Lori DiNardi says:

Thank you … you did make me smile. :-) Love the doggy nap.

9. Loved your poem. And that photo of Roxy, she looks soooo comfy, cozy. A place I’d like to be right now.

10. Paul says:

Well, at least now we know where we stand. Family is obviously more important to you than your online friends and fans. Our family all happened to be out of town this past week so there was no dearth of material from me. Even my wife posted! Hope the rest of your holidays are filled with family fun. I’ll just be sitting over here in the corner reading an old magazine until your next post.

11. Tori Nelson says:

Ha! The High 4 is pretty brilliant. Thanks for sharing the happy :)

What a great post! I love this poem… very clever. Love Roxy’s picture. :)

13. It wasn’t lame at all. I used to do a “Twas the night…” each year about family and friends or whoever was the subject matter. Thanks for keeping the tradition alive!

14. Denise Hisey says:

Hubby and I are still recovering from being sick over Christmas. Luckily we are celebrating Christmas with our kids and their spouses on New Year’s weekend. We’ll be raring to go by then!!
    Loved your little poem! ;-)

Thanks so much!
      I am sorry to hear that! I hope today is better for you. That is so common with everyone out sharing germs before the holidays. I am constantly holding my breath when someone sneezes!
      Merry New Years!

All I have is ocean around me… no snow. I don’t want to sound like an old fogy, but what is ‘shreddin’?

16. Thanks for the poem!
    The snow dancing worked so well we are even going to have the fluffy white stuff in Toronto tonight. Better late than never!

As we await the start of a storm expected to drop some 12 inches of snow, I’ll wish you an early Happy New Year!

18. Smiling over here! Roxy in a little coat sleeping…dear lord that is cuteness overload right there for me. Cold, damp, exhausted and still in my pj’s since this morning….ahhhh!

I am dressed super casual myself! I hope you can catch up on your sleep. I have been taking naps as you can tell by my poem! Hahaha!
      Roxy loves her coat and hat. She cracks me up. I think it is cold down on the floor and she is a snugglepuss!
      Enjoy your holidays!

19. Angelia Sims says:

I’m working. Wahhh! But, oh my goodness, sleeping Roxy is soooo cute!! My little ones have been sporting sweaters. It SNOWED HERE. On the ground. White stuff. Guess my snow dance worked for both of us. :-)

Fantastic and amazing! I think that snow dancing was far-reaching! Hahaha!
      I bet your dogs are glad to wear them after all the heat in your area. They probably aren’t acclimated! We aren’t either!
      Have a fab week in the snow!

20. Very nice! The only thing missing is Roxy’s ghetto mittens.

Happy Boxing Day! See you in 2013!

21. Cute! It’s fun to rework a poem sometimes, isn’t it? :)
    So was da plan worth waiting for? And did you find any good sales. I MIGHT venture into a store on Friday…but I think I’d rather wait until June. Sale crowds scare me, and I still have enough wrapping paper to last at least one more Christmas. :)

It is fun to do a take off. I did one along with an illustration for our family Christmas card several years ago.
      We ended up going to Les Miserables. One of the best movies I’ve seen in a long time.
      The only shopping I got in was stopping at a Marshall’s and I did find everything I was looking for. Yay!
      I hope you enjoy your holiday week Kristy and have some fun!

22. I’m outside boxing total strangers to celebrate Boxing Day. I’ve got a black eye and a bloody lip, but it’s been fun and I met a bunch of new people!

23. marydpierce says:

Awww…thanks for that lovely diversion, Susie! I love Kelly’s High 4!! And omg, how cute is Roxy in her little coat and hat?! Looks like she’s tuckered out from Christmas. Enjoy the rest of the holidays. Happy New Year! :-)

I think we are all tuckered out! I ran out to the stores after blogging this and forgot my wallet! Sheesh! Everything is on hold… :)
      Roxy loves her new coat. I think she gets cold easily being so close to the floor.
      Kelly is so funny. He doesn’t know that I blogged it yet. He’ll love it!
      Thanks so much Mary and I hope that 2013 is your best year ever!

24. Beautiful post Susie – love the dog in its coat – cute:) Back to work for me for the next 3 days and then the weekend is here again. I would rather be home curled up with a coffee and the boob tube or a good read though. Have a Great One – Happy New Year!!!

25. I so love Roxy’s coat and matching hoodie. She’s such a relaxed little dog. I don’t believe either one of our guys would go to sleep with a coat on. Your rhyme is awesome. And, the next time you do a snow dance, I’ll know to stake up all my tree roses.

Hahaha~ You make me laugh out loud, really!
      Roxy loves her new coat. Last night I had the hood in my hand and she came up to me and put her head down. She wanted to put it on! Hahaha!
      More snow is headed our way so I am letting up on the dancing for the time being!

26. pjb1943 says:

=) It was appropriate for the day, Susie. Great Christmas w/family – snow arrived a day late but ok cause SC had his Goodyears on the sleigh. Enjoy the snow!
    Paul

27. Bought some scarves, mitts, hats and industrial boots.. fingerless gloves do not make it in this weather. Thanks for the Colorado lows..:)
    happy new year

28. Tis a very successful attempt to make me smile, and even to laugh with an able to be heard in the real world laugh! Lol :-) They’re kicking me out of the public library now, but that’s okay Susie, cause this was worth it! :-) Thanks!

Good to see all’s well there. Getting the snow from the storm south of us now. Happy sale-ing Susie! :)

A successful attempt!

Have a great post-christmas!

31. Very cool Susie! Goofy verse gets my vote every time!

And Merry Christmas!

32. Hi Susie! I’m stuck in a giant traffic jam and that little ditty was just what I needed. Enjoy the time away. I know I am! (But I know what you mean about missing your online buddies! Hope your Christmas was fabulous.

33. Danny Lindau says:

Cute!

_____________________________________________________
    Danny Lindau | Director / Principal
    The Colorado Group, Inc. | 3434 47th Street, Suite 220 | Boulder, CO 80301
    P (303) 449-2131 x118 | C (303) 641-0776 | F (303) 449-8250
    dlindau@coloradogroup.com | http://www.coloradogroup.com

34. Awesome! waves from Canada! We’re playing Twister :)