A Wild Year in Pictures

I hope you have enjoyed my Wild Ride! Feel free to click on the links to see the corresponding stories and photo essays.

January

Winter X Games

Winter X Games in Aspen, Colorado.

February

whalestailContemplating Whale’s Tail in Breckenridge, Colorado.

March

Frozen Dead Guy Days

I drove up to Frozen Dead Guy Days in Nederland, Colorado.

April

photo bombing roxy

The photo bomber struck many times throughout the year and even made a YouTube video – Roxy’s Ghetto Mittens.

May

An outtake from my first Use Me and Abuse Me Day video.

new header

It was a slow photo month, but I changed my header.

June

Mom and Dad as Newlyweds

I wrote about My Father the Madman and was Freshly Pressed!

Dancing for Rain

June was the hottest and driest month on record, prompting a little rain dancing from this Wild Rider.

July

McCartan Family Gathering

My family road-tripped back to Wisconsin to visit relatives

July sunset

as wildfires raged through our state.

August

A new friend

Roxy found a 6 foot bullsnake in the garage. Like any Wild Rider, I picked him up and ran into the house to get my camera.

September

Boreas Pass 2012

Golden hues abounded this fall and I took over a 1000 photos.

October

25 years ago Danny and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary by taking a trip to California.

25 years later

Still having fun after 25 years, we are dressed up in our annual Gomez and Morticia Addams costumes Halloween night.

CUvUSC 3

“You Got This! You Can Do This!” was published in the Boulder Daily Camera.

November

Patty Kelly and Danny's B-days

November was birthday month!

December

Christmas 2012 and CC's 21st birthday

December meant creating my annual Christmas card, celebrating with family, and my daughter Courtney’s 21st birthday.

2012 was an adventure packed year. I am looking forward many more Wild Rides in 2013. I hope you’ll come for adventure and stay for the ride!

This entry was posted in Humor, Life, Photography, Sports and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

72 Responses to A Wild Year in Pictures

1. Pingback: Use Me and Abuse Me Day – Dancing for Warmth Edition | Susie Lindau's Wild Ride

2. Susie, and tricks to take pictures of people in glasses? I love glasses in person, but they are hard to capture on camera for some reason…glare I suppose it to blame.

3. Sophie Moss says:

What a fun look back through the year! I feel like I’ve lived it with you through all your wild stories. :) Love your blog, Susie! You always make me laugh.

4. What a year you had, Susie! My fave picture is Roxy’s little mittens. Awww…and how could I forget that snake. yikes! Happy New Year!

It was a Wild year Darla and I am glad you were with me every step of the way. I am trying to get my courage up for my first big adventure…I am not going to think about it too much and just DO it!
      Happy New Year to you!

5. Happy new year Susie! Here’s to a happy, healthy and AWESOME one. :)

I remember an awful lot of those picture!
    Keep on ridin’ Susie! Can’t wait to see where you go.

And to you and your family, a happy and adventurous 2013!

7. All the best for next year!

8. A great year, Susie!

9. Angelia Sims says:

Awe! These are fabulous and so sweet. I hope Roxy gets some new socks/slippers/boots/gloves for more show times. :-) I can’t wait to see all the wild things you do next year. :-)

Thanks so much Angelia! I am so glad that you are a part of the fun here! It would be pretty boring if no one commented…..
      Wild things? Me? I am pretty impulsive! :)
      Roxy did get some new booties! A video is in the works…

You have a great blog Susie, very lively and down-to-Earth. Have a great 2013! :-)

11. What a wild romp through the year! (Woo-whoo: Frozen Dead Guy!) Hope the new year brings lots of adventures and laughs and you continue to share them with us!

12. Have an awesome 2013, Susie!
    Much love from the other side of the big pond!

‘Frozen Dead Guy’… first time I ever saw the Wild Thing… just had to click ‘follow’…

I think you pegged each month. I must say, you and Danny make quite the fetching couple. And who can forget the Roxy. She’s a diva living inside an adorable four legged creature.
    On a more serious note…Dare I get overly sentimental, but your thoughts mean a lot and I’m grateful. Thank you.

Thanks so much Cayman! You pegged Roxy. She is a diva to the tip of her curly tail.
      It has been a Wild year. I am so glad we met here in the blogosphere!
      There is nothing like good news to start a new year on the right foot. I bet you are glad that you were in town and not off galavanting somewhere! :)

15. Tori Nelson says:

Roxy’s Ghetto Mittens just made my whole day. Awesome. What an adventure 2012 has been for you. Excited to read more in 2013! Happy New Year!

Thanks so much Tori! I am looking forward to more adventures too and am glad that you have joined the Wild Ride!
      Roxy is a little character! She rocks those mittens, but got two new pair for Christmas. A video is soon to come…

I’m so happy I found your blog. You have a wonderful sense of fun and I always know that you’ll get me smiling or giggling about something whenever I stop by. Here’s to the next great year of blogging. :)

Thanks so much!
      I am glad I found yours too! Through you, I have met some other wonderful people.. :)
      I decided early on to keep it a happy place. I live in the State of 300 sunny days after all!
      Happy New Year to you too!

17. pjb1943 says:

Loved the pics, Susie. So great that you do this. Happy New Year…, and the best to you and yours for 2013.
    Paul

18. Nice recap of the year with you Susie, even though I don’t think I hopped on (through Jules over at mccrabass) until around spring. I also enjoy your Friday flash fictions, but I realize that they’re not quite as picturesque. You have a terrific eye and your images are always spot-on. I have a super soft spot for the Lindau Family Canine, Roxy. She wears her gloves so well!

I love the way you have put this together – fantastic!

This was an awesome photo challenge…”a year in pictures.” Loved it. I always enjoyed your pictures throughout the year but I’ve got to say that my favorites were the Frozen Dead Guys Days, your rain dance , and your Christmas card pics. Very awesome and It have to say that your header pic is one of my favorites…totally captures your spirit I need to get me one of those but I’d probably fall off … you know with my clumsy lack of mastering gravity and all. :)

• The Guat says:

Oooops I meant to say my clumsiness and lack of … and I instead of it. I’m a mess. Time for some chocolate.

You crack me up Guat! Dang gravity! I was just out in the backyard defying gravity on our pond ice skating…
      Thanks so much for the kind words. :) I am so glad that you joined the ride and we met here in the blogoshere!
      I wish you all the best of 2013!

Great shots and a great year, Susie!

22. Happy New Year, Susie. It’s been a pleasure to join you on your wild rides! I can’t wait to see where 2013 takes us!

Thanks for the replay. Another year for dancing and pics ahead.

24. smbrannan says:

Nicely done. Great recap.

25. I think I speak for most of us when I comment on how unfair it is that no one in your family appears to be hideously ugly or even missing a tooth.

It’s also unfair how exotic and photogenic one year in your exciting life has been.

On the bright side, you’ve given me a starting off point for a new post. I’ll get started on it as soon as I get the wife and kids rounded up for a team photo.

Hahaha! There was Uncle Herman who is missing a front tooth, but I edited him out. …kidding….
      There you go – Go Team 1 Point Perspective! I will look forward to seeing what you come up with!
      Happy New Year!

26. What an amazing account of 2012, Susie style of course! The photos are just amazing! I especially love that October shot. By the way, you and your entire family could be in a toothpaste advertisement.
    Happy New Year…Cheers!

Thanks so much! You gotta tell me your first name… I always want to say Thanks so much LWTTD!
      The photos were fun to go through. There were tons except for May. What the heck did I do in May? I have a few stormy pictures and some blurry sunsets… May will rock this year, I just know it!
      Happy New Year to you and your family! **smiles and teeth glint through the computer screen temporarily blinding LWTTD*

27. annewoodman says:

Since I’m new to your blog, it was nice to see a recap! Nice photos. And happy late 25th anniversary!

28. frizztext says:

March: you surprised me, featuring this funny sports!

Hahaha! Grandpa Bredo Morstoel is frozen in a Tuff Shed while being cryonically preserved. The town has fun with their infamous guest every year! I needed to blog and went up and joined in the fun!
      Thanks for stopping by and following!

29. What a year it’s been, Susie!
    Happy New Year!

30. You touched that snake? yikes!!! Kind of doing the same things except with memes..:)
    You are your own meme..:)

31. CC MacKenzie says:

Amaaaaazing pictures of your year, Susie.

Wishing you and your family an even better one in 2013!

Shows what fun wild rides can be. Keep it up!

Great family photos Susie, hope next year is even better!

34. Awesome pics, Susie! Here’s to another splendid year. I love that green top you’re wearing btw.