Use Me and Abuse Me Day – Dancing for Warmth Edition

Happy New Year everyone. It’s time for another Use Me and Abuse Me Day! It’s that fun virtual party where you get to “abuse” my blog by posting a link to yours in my comment section.

I hope the New Year has been kind to you so far and you are already checking off all those resolutions you made when not thinking clearly a few nights ago.

plunging 3a

2013 started with dancing and a splash! My wild adventures included an outdoor dance party in Downtown Denver and a polar plunge on New Year’s Day. I was still shivering when skiing in subzero temps yesterday. Today I am planning to chillax and catch up in the comfort of my writing cave. I’ll hit the slopes after 2:00 when it has warmed up to 20 degrees and the parking is free.

My friend The Good Greatsby wrote a post about how Gangnam Style is bringing peace throughout the world. I had to make this video after reading it. Get on your feet and dance with me!

The Wild Ride –  Gangnam Style

My son Kelly DJ’d in Downtown Denver on New Year’s Eve. We were outside in frigid temperatures for hours. We danced right into the New Year and kept toasty warm!

Dancing into the New Year

So let’s get THIS party started. It is time to mingle! Grab a link from your favorite 2012 post and paste it in my comment section. Don’t be afraid to “talk it up.” Then cruise the comments for some fun bloggers and chat them up. Go to their blogs and check them out. Pick a few up and subscribe to their blogs. Maybe they will do the same.

Be sure to tell them Susie sent you!

Please consider subscribing to my blog. I hope you will check in often for more wild adventures. 2013 has been a blast so far!

Grab a hot chocolate and don’t forget to dance!

Related links:

Use Me and Abuse Me Day – Dancing for Snow Edition

A Wild Year in Pictures

This entry was posted in Humor, Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

186 Responses to Use Me and Abuse Me Day – Dancing for Warmth Edition

1. Pingback: Susie Strong | Alarna Rose Gray

2. Pingback: Friday Foolishness – Susie Strong Edition | Guapola

3. viveka says:

mad and wild … what a fantastic combination – think I stick around here. *smile

4. Pingback: This I Gotta See… « theinnerwildkat

5. Because you are utterly awesome…I nominated you for an award. :-)

6. Pingback: It’s An Honor Just To Be Nominated….Thanks, Ella! « theinnerwildkat

7. I love it when bloggers share the love and link, ping back, guest post, and like yourself, invite others to share a link on their blog. I feel like I’m late to the party, and I’ve removed some of my favorite posts from my blog to include in my book. However, here’s one of my most recent posts:

Thank you!

8. Pingback: Blog Awards: Sisterhood of the World, Blog of 2012, and Liebster Awards « Kourtney Heintz's Journal

9. Pingback: If Cheese Had Wings | Arty Old Bird

10. Very fun! Great dancing! :) I recently took up dancing and it is a blast, not to mention great exercise. Looks like you are savoring every minute. With that in mind, my link is about ‘enjoying the ride.’ Thanks for the sharing a link opportunity! http://helpwithyourlife.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/enjoy-the-ride/

11. Always enjoy your posts. Thought I’d add a link to mine. http://wordsfromanneli.wordpress.com

12. A quick hello, Susie. Sorry I missed the party, but when I saw you’d been dancing I just had to come by and check out your moves! It looks like you had a fabulous New Year!

Just stopping in to say hello, Susie. I don’t really have any links to share today — too crazy of a weekend to sift through my blog. Maybe next time, though.

Keep dancing! You’re awesome!

That would be great! I will look forward to your next visit! There were a lot of new bloggers here this time and they subscribed like crazy!
      Thanks so much. You are awesome too!!! :)

14. Pingback: Leibster Award | gardenlilie

I come bearing no link, since one of my favorites is no longer available. I posted it after a really forgettable week some time back, and you responded almost immediately.That link may not be available, but my gratitude is always gonna be. Thank you.

16. wordsurfer says:

I dropped in via Kitt’s Guilty Pleasures post and I’m loving this party! And you must be truly fearless – don’t know if I could jump into freezing water… :)
    I’ve brought a dancing link, to stick to the theme… ;)

17. Pingback: Guilty Pleasures « theinnerwildkat

18. You are shameless Susie! But I must admit those videos of you cutting the rug in the frigid cold made me laugh, and more so with Kelly in the background wearing the Dying a Thousand Deaths of Embarrassment Look.

I’m so sick of reading my own blog, I’d rather be waterboarded than attempt to slog through it to determine what was my favorite post of 2012. Here’s the link to a modest tale of misspent feathered friend-abuse rage:

19. Jenn H. says:

Girl….you’ve got some moves! LOL…please bottle your energy…I’ll be your first customer! http://thelittleblackraincloud.com

Hey thanks! Hahaha! I love to dance as much as I like to keep warm~ :)
      Thanks for bringing a link to the party! Have fun clicking on links and saying hello to the guests! They will love that chicken crock pot recipe…Yum!

20. Karen McFarland says:

I am so late to this party. Susie, you certainly had your groove on New Years Eve. And well, what a way to keep warm. Your son was hilarious. Not one facial jesture, not one acknowledgement. Like, maybe if I totally ignore her, she won’t exist. LOL! I miss those days of tormenting our kids. Our kids are going to be scarred for Life anyway, why not from their own parents than from someone else? I view this as a sign of a good parent! Keep up the good work Susie! :)

Oh, I almost forgot. I’m supposed to promote someone. Well it might as well be myself this time since my blog has been a bit stagnant lately and is in need of a resurrection. Come stop by and see me peeps! Thanks Susie!

Thanks Karen!
      He was doing his DJ thang. It was a blast!
      This is a promote yourself party so I am glad that you did. Welcome back to the blogoshere Karen!
      Have fun clicking away and introducing yourself. :)

21. Melanie says:

Hi all! This was one of my most popular posts of 2012 – a review of my wild year. I quit my job as a principal in D.C. and left to travel the country (maybe world) and write. I welcome you to join my blog and read about my adventure, which is continuing to unfold!

22. Oh Susie xou are the best dancer ever! I would have loved to have gone clubbing with you back in the day!

I went clubbing when we were in Cali! It was a blast! Someday I will visit Canada and we’ll hit it hard! :)
      I am glad you enjoyed my Wild Dancing. I’ll do anything to keep warm!

23. pjb1943 says:

I see the party’s still rockin’ so I stopped by for another drink (hot chocolate, of course). You da hostess wid da mostess !!! Thanks for doin’ this !

Paul

24. Paul says:

I was going to do the polar bear plunge, too, but decided against it. Don’t want this body all over the internet! Instead, I took a cold shower on NYE! Maybe I’ll just wander around a bit, make idle chatter, over-indulge. Thanks for being such a gracious host every couple of months. Why not stop by my place for a nightcap on your way home to the party. here’s my address, http://photovignettes.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/quotography-monday-the-wrong-house/

25. marydpierce says:

I absolutely love the videos of you dancing away in front of your son while he ignores you!! Warms the cockles of my heart, Susie – reminds me of my son! Great party, as always. (Did anyone bring mini marshmallows for the hot chocolate?!) :-D

My link & wish for kindness: http://bit.ly/VCKu7a

I love that story Mary! It has such a great message too. :)
      Kelly was focused, but I know he loved it ….deep down….. Hahaha!
      Thanks for coming to the party! There are a lot of new faces so introduce yourself and have fun clicking away!
      Thanks for bringing the mini marshmallows. I just ran out!

26. Denise Hisey says:

You are the Dancing Queen!! Loved the videos! ;-)
    Thanks for hosting another Wild Rider Parteeeee! Always a fun time making new friends!
    I’m happy to share my ever-evolving Bucket List

Thanks Denise for watching my Wild dancing! Hahaha! It was so much fun. :)
      Thanks so much for bringing a link to the party! I love your bucket list and how you have already accomplished so many of your goals. You go girl in 2013! Have fun clicking away and don’t forget to dance!

27. Laura Hilger says:

Hi Susie, thanks for this! I love that you took on the Polar Plunge-right on. We have one up here in Alaska that is insane. Happy New Year to you!

I chose to share this one from my blog “Strucknwords”

I bet the ice is 6 feet thick up there right now! Brrrrrrrrr!
      Love your nomadic post! I am a nomad with roots! What????
      Thanks for bringing your link to the party. I hope you enjoy meeting the guests by clicking on links, I mean clicking on links from the comment section!
      Have fun and Happy New Year to you too!

28. amyshojai says:

LOL! What fun! Thanks for sharing the hilarity. Turn about being fair (or unfair?) play, you can find out about what I call “cat juggling” with 13 videos here: http://amyshojai.com/2013/01/04/cat-show-cat-adoption-13-cat-videos/

29. Aside from your amazing dance moves, Kelly’s lack of facial expression or acknowledgement that his mother is jumping up and down right in front of him was the highlight of my day. Hilarious! Still laughing…
    In keeping with the dancing theme I chose this little piece of me:

30. Great dance party! Makes me want to dance. Here’s my twist on New Year’s Resolutions and flipping the bird to bad habits! Happy 2013!
    Flipping the Bird: http://lifeonwry.com/2013/01/01/flipping-the-bird-a-different-take-on-new-years-resolutions/

I am so glad!
      Oh man. I am so flipping the bird to the Gremlins in my life in 2013! Hilarious post!
      Thanks so much for bringing a link to the party. Have fun clicking on links and saying hello! It has become a clickfest rager! I bet you will pick up a few new subscribers too!

31. Pingback: Great First Day For The Blog | My Spiritual Discovery

32. susielindau says:

Put on your RAGE FACE! This party is ROCKIN’!!!

33. Pingback: Best Day for Follows on All Things Geography « All Things Geography

34. Love these posts, Susie! You have the X factor, Susie! So that’s the post I’m contributing: http://colinfalconer.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/do-you-have-the-x-factor/
    Now off to check out some of these other links …

Wow! Thanks Colin, but I got nothin’ on that guy in your video! Hahaha!
      Thanks so much for bringing a link to the party. There are a lot of new partiers to check out!
      Have fun and don’t forget to dance!

The winter wind is whipping through Niagara like a typhoon, right now, Susie! Thanks for warming me up…

36. unfetteredbs says:

you are nuts… I loved the video

First off let me tell you how awesome those dancing videos. Not only did your son kill it … you killed it. Yeah you took me back … way back with Jump Around. And you’re right that would probably keep you warm in 11 degree weather.

Gonna start jumping around your blog and mingle with all these potential Wild Riders. :)

As for those of you who want a good laugh … since it’s the New Year here’s one about old acquaintances that we forgot, but didn’t forget because we ran into them … I’m sure you guys can relate. Enjoy!

38. Amber West says:

Ok, I officially love you. Those videos were awesome!

This one is special to me – getting readers and writers to help a good cause!

39. Jenny Hansen says:

Whooo-eeee, it’s a gorgeous arctic paradise over here, Susie!! Thanks for throwing such a fab pre-party to tonight’s Twitter bash (6-10 pm EST). :-)

Details for the party are at: http://jennyhansenauthor.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/2013-party-and-the-wana-phenomenon/

Fantastical Jenny and thanks so much for the Facebook shout! You are the bestest!
      Love that post and it is a great one to share since many here today are newer to blogging!
      Just click on a few links and tell them “Susie sent you.” Most will click back!
      Have fun and I’ll see you at the #myWANA Twitter party!

40. Audrey says:

Thank you for hosting another party, Susie! These are always such a great time and an opportunity to find so many new writers to follow.
    I’m sharing a post from my travels in Israel in November. Exploring the city of Akko was one of my favorite adventures of the trip!

Love your photo journey! It is a great link to share. :)
      This is the best party in a while! I think there are a lot of new bloggers and they are looking for blogs to follow. Have fun mingling with the guests! This party is ROCKIN”!

41. claywatkins says:

Thanks for hosting a dance party. It sounds like your ’13 is off to a roarin’ start! I just got home and the house is all chilled after being empty for a week and I can’t keep warm. Dancing outside would certainly get me moving and warm me up. I was thinking of Bond, James Bond on the drive home yesterday and wanted to know if Bond was still appropriate? http://makingthedayscount.org/2013/01/04/shaken-or-stirred-2/
    Have a great day!

I LOVE Bond! James Bond! Thanks for bringing him to the party. (He is hot!)
      I have been keeping warm. Ever since I Polar Plunged, I have been a bit on the chilly side….
      Have fun clicking on links and they will click back!

42. Thank you Susie for having another party. These are always the best and have the most delicious food I have every tased. Having received two new grandchildren this holiday season, I have decided to share one post for each child on my experiences with children. The first is “It’s too late! They already got in.” (http://wp.me/p22Nrd-31) about child proofing our homes. The other is titled “Why Some Animals Eat Their Young” (http://wp.me/p22Nrd-33.) which discusses why children are fattening. I hope that you enjoy these and remember that children are a blessing with thorns.

43. Spectra says:

I love and enjoyed your dance video, Susan! I think a call-out to bloggers to post dance videos of themselves would make a fun blogger party!

As for abusing your blog with a link to mine, I didn’t write much in 2012 due to a return to artistic endeavors, however, I did post this awesome, sexy video – a must see! check it out here, everyone:

44. jbw0123 says:

Nice hat! Remember the days when people would hold up candles at concerts and celebrations? Now it’s cell phones! Looks like you made it into a few people’s electronic candles. I love how absolutely focused your son is on his work. Here are 10,000 Thank you’s to blog visitors (thank you to you too): http://holdouts.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/10000-thank-yous/

Looking forward to going blog-exploring via other guests’ byoblogs.

That is one SWEET post! Thanks for coming by and bringing your link. Thanks also for the humongous Shout Out! It is most appreciated!
      I hope you have fun clicking on links and saying hello. There are a lot of new and fun bloggers here today. The party should rage right through the weekend!

45. Thanks for the invite, Susie! Although I had a few favorite topics, I decided to take you up on your offer and share a slice of some of the awkwardly funny moments I’d encountered during a portion of my life when I worked in a hospital. http://theinnerwildkat.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/awkward-emergencies-and-other-hilarious-moments/
    Enjoy!

46. Glad to have found this awesome blog party! Although I’ve blogged before, I’m new to WordPress. I just created mine yesterday devoted to spirituality and creating a more spiritual life for myself. Here is a meditation experience from this morning: http://spiritualrediscovery.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/daily-meditation-1/

I hope everyone a Happy New Year with lots of awesome happenings. Mine is definitely starting off on a positive note personally :)

Fantastical! Thanks for dropping off your link! You came to the right place. You have probably already met several guests by now!
      Have fun clicking on the links and don’t forget to tell them “Susie sent you!”

47. Happy New Year! Hope life is going well for everyone. If folks enjoy learning about geography and seeing photos of different places on this world and beyond, they certainly enjoy my blog :) I’ll drop this link for people’s interest: https://allthingsgeography1.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/ten-notable-geographic-events-of-2012/

48. Val says:

Here I am. Did I miss the start of the party? Yes, I did. Did I miss any good music? Yes,I did (well, apart from the two videos – well done, jumpy, jumpy, doo dah) Did I miss any good booze? Yes, I did, but then I usually do. Did I miss any good anything else? Almost certainly. Always a late-starter, me.

Happy new year, Susie and everyone else and here’s my currently-enjoyed-by-my-readers, post: http://artyoldbird.com/2013/01/02/happy-new-year-im-pop-ular/

Hey Val! Thanks so much for coming by! You’re not too late. Love your post. It covers so much and includes so many wonderful bloggers!
      Have fun clicking away and chatting up the guests!

49. Jessica says:

Susie, you are my kind of people! Clearly, you were having more fun than anyone else there and I loved that you got people to join you. :) Those videos had me cracking up and dancing in my seat. Thanks for sharing and allowing us to “abuse” your blog.

In honor of your dancing videos, I’ll share one of my favorite posts about flying one’s freak flag (spoiler: I also randomly burst into dance). http://definingwonderland.com/2012/07/17/let-your-freak-flag-fly/

50. marrymeknot says:

Another shin dig at Susie’s. I just can’t pass it up. I drove back home to Colorado for the holidays and noticed you haven’t been showing us all the dance videos, because it snowed the whole time I was there… You’ve been busy! http://marrymeknot.com/2012/08/16/a-thank-you-note/.

I am so glad that you came!
      That is a great tribute. Thanks for bringing it to the party!
      Have fun mingling!

• gardenlilie says:

I just read your post and I did read Cosmo and knew of Ms. Brown. I thought she was awesome and what she spoke about. The times were a changing when I graduated and got married, women were keeping their last name, I decided to change mine, it was all so new. I felt pretty liberated by my early twenties. But sex and sports, I remember, and jobs, changed rapidly after about 1977. Everybody wanted to be Annie Hall and date around. Thanks for the post.

• marrymeknot says:

I know it was a struggle, but it’s kind of cool that you were there to experience such a pivotal period for women. And the crazy part is, that it wasn’t that long ago! I wish I would have been friend with Helen. Thanks for the response.

51. I’m late! I can’t believe it! I’m usually one of the first ones to a party! Oh well, I’m here now and ready to party and share. Thanks for hosting Susie!

You know how everyone is getting back into the swing of being healthy this time of year after gorging on sweets? This post might be able to help: http://adventuresofadogmom.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/frozen-spinach-cubes-for-smoothies/

52. Maggie C says:

Great dancing. I’m afraid I’m still stuck on the Macarena.

Here’s a post of some cat wisdom bestowed upon me by some of my resident furballs. Apologies in advance to Roxy for any offense taken. None intended.

Thanks for the party.

53. pjb1943 says:

Good grief, she’s at it again !!! (and again, and again!!!). Susie, with all this cold activity stuff – outdoor dancing at midnight (great dance moves) – polar bear swimming…, are you sure you’re not Norwegian? They do that kind of stuff.
    Enjoying the party !! Thanks for the invite. http://pjb1943.wordpress.com/
    Paul

Thanks Paul! Nope. I am a crazy Irish woman with a bit of French for that Je ne sais quoi. Couldn’t resist that joke… Hahaha!
      I know! I was so cold yesterday, I stayed inside for the first time in 3 days of chillin’! Today I’ll get back out and hit the slopes.
      Thanks for coming by with a link to your blog! I hope you have fun checking out the others. There are a lot of new faces at the party!

54. I love it when you do this, Susie. And of course, I will mention that it was YOU who set this whole thing up!!! I have a post that stemmed from a comment I made on another post. I think it has a great meaning and needs to be spread around.

55. Pingback: 10,000 Thank You’s « Julia B Whitmore's Blog

56. Ray Colon says:

Hi Susie,

What a cute idea, although I jumped the gun by finding my way to Julia’s blog from the comments on your last post. :)

When I first saw Gangnam Style, I showed it to my then 11-year old daughter. “Isn’t that silly?” I asked. “No, I love it!” was her response. She and her friends have been riding the horse ever since. Ugh.

I don’t think that your son was ignoring you. He was probably just ‘reppin his DJ profile. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Here’s a post from 2012. It was a fun one to write and it received a pretty good response: You’ve Got That Look

Thanks Ray! I think you are right. He was working the whole time too. :) I love Gangham Style! Your daughter sounds like a Wild Rider! Hahaha!
      Love your post. It made me think about how positive I am. Thanks for bringing it to the party!
      Have fun clicking on the links!

• Ray Colon says:

Would you look at that, Susie. I’ve spent the day with so many of your awesome readers, and many of them have visited me. This rocks! You rock! They rock! Rock on.

Poor Smash! I would have been hiding under my hood too. The videographer did a fine job capturing the vibe of the crowd in that one video, especially when everyone was taking pictures of the dancer with their cells… Reminded me of being at the zoo. Nice Gangman Style, Susie… I do enjoy your dancing so. 11degrees… Wow!

Here’s one from Friday Fictioneers… A group sorely missing one of its original writers… We wait for her return…

That one is so funny Ted! Hahaha! Thanks for “flashing” us at the party!
      Kelly loved that we were there once he got over the shock that his mom would be dancing for the next 3 and half hours!
      Thanks Ted!

58. Loved the video, Susie. You are rockin’ that Gangnam Style. I still haven’t quite figured that whole craze out … but maybe that’s the point … it sure is causing a lot of people to have fun. Come to France (did I hear you say “maybe …”?) and we will do Gangnam there! No fur hat required!
    No surprise about which post I’m sharing today: http://patriciasands.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/pack-your-bags-and-come-to-france/
    Now I’m off to mingle. Your parties are the wildest! Thanks!

I am glad you enjoyed my silliness Patricia. :) We could rock the South of France!
      Thanks for bringing a link. I love this photo journey and wish I was there!
      Have fun “mingling” and clicking on some links! Tell them Susie sent you!

59. Catie Rhodes says:

Thanks for letting me use and abuse you, Susie! Your videos are always so much fun. You’re right. You have no shame. (And I love this about you.) I love your son’s reaction to your little show.

Today, I am introducing Friday’s Bitter End on my blog. I am also hosing a $25 Amazon gift card giveaway. Be sure to visit my blog for details:

60. filbio says:

Hey Susie! This is such a great idea! I’ll participate in the abuse if you don’t mind. It’s a cool way to start off the year.

Hopefully your readers will enjoy a bit of NY sarcasm and humor with my blog post – Dude! Trim Those Nose Hairs!

Happy New Year everyone!

Smiling big time! I haven’t even had my coffee yet, go girl. I’ll leave my dot com and come back, I’m writing this morning. No snow here just jack frost, but the hat and special moves by you should bring us all snowflakes I think. http://gardenlilie.com/

Looking foward to reading teh links that get posted!
    (I’ll be watching the videos when I escape my cube…)

63. Susie.. I pulled my back moving some big chairs around.. if I have to stay here I need to clean and your dancing videos made me laugh so darn much. If I had been there I would have been right beside you..:)
    You go girl..
    “What Makes you Cry?” on Zoomers: http://ning.it/X4msp0

64. I’d be happy to participate again. Thanks for hosting the party. Maybe your readers will enjoy reading about my crazy life in Maine amongst the Zombies, Aliens, Monsters, Zombies, and Snow Demons… :)

65. Tori Nelson says:

Oh. Oh, girl. Your dance moves are some kind of wonderful. And God bless you for your cardio dance endurance! :) Happy New Year!

A new Tiny Spark: http://torinelson.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/tiny-spark-series-photographs-of-the-heart/

Hahaha! It is what a girl has to do to keep warm when outside of 4 hours. Thanks!
      What a beautiful post Tori! Thanks for bringing it to the party!
      I hope you have fun clicking on some links. Tell them Susie sent you!
      Happy New Year to you!