January Thaw – Friday Photos

January thaw 1

It warmed up this week and temperatures rose from 9 degrees into the high 40’s. The ice on the pond has thinned.

Thaw 2

Maybe I shouldn’t be out here taking pictures.

***CRACK***

Jan thaw 3

It is safer near the shore, but the good shots are out on the ice.

I opened the doors and ate lunch outside on the deck.

thaw 4

We Coloradans can enjoy a few more warm days until the next cold snap. Then maybe we’ll get some of my favorite white stuff.

SNOW!

Prepare to Be Typealyzed was my 200th post! Be sure to stop by and try it out if you haven’t already.

Are you still enjoying winter or are you looking forward to spring?

This entry was posted in Humor, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

93 Responses to January Thaw – Friday Photos

1. Pingback: Where the Wild Things Are Riding With Susie | A'A IN PARADISE

2. Great shot of the ice Susie thanks for sharing great photos…

3. Winter has much beauty ( like these pictures of yours :) ), but I love spring the best of all the seasons! Lovely post – and I love your sense of humor too!

Blessings ~ Wendy

Thanks Wendy! I am so glad that you stopped by! Spring is a wonderful time of year and I love “the fever.”
      I am still waiting for Winter to begin down in Boulder. We are up in the mountains now and it is snowing, but we could use a foot or two!

4. beeseeker says:

Great mix of fine photos and just enough commentary – thanks and glad I found this blog … hope to get back soon

5. Such awesome pictures! Great post!

6. Gorgeous pictures ( Boulder is always great – don’t dare say otherwise!)

Those pictures are amazing! LOVE. I gotta say, it makes me cold looking at them though. I like jacket weather, but I don’t want to still be shivering when I’m wearing ‘said’ jacket. A little more warmth is more than welcome.

8. Those are some awesome pictures! I’m glad to see ice and snow from the distance of my computer… (I prefer warmth, but appreciate the beauty of winter).

9. B. L. Crisp says:

Gorgeous photos Susie! ;)

10. What brings your warm temperatures? Ours come from a chinook, like the one we are having now. Gorgeous icy shots, Susie.. but be careful:) xx

11. wordsurfer says:

Those cracks look like starflares or sunbursts. Awesome!

12. Clearly no longer suited for skating. But would you believe me if I told you that here in Oman, we are experiencing snowfalls in the hills?

Shakti

Your pictures are amazingly beautiful. I love the last two pics. That sun is amazing. I feel kind of bad that it was a 70-degree-winter day out here in So. Cal. I’ll send you warm thoughts :)

I’m not really a snow bunny, but I tolerate winter as best as I can. I do enjoy the snow days when my kids get to stay home. That’s always a nice treat — but then we regret it come June and we have to make those snow days up!!

We always got few days off before they tacked them on. I really love the change of seasons. Last year, it was moderate, but we never got any really warm days. I think it was 60 today! I’ve been eating outside all week! Soon the snow will fly once again… :)

15. claywatkins says:

photos are awesome – is that your estate? just finished watching Secrets of the Manor House from PBS (related to Downton Abbey some how) It’s warm here in Illinois but it’s gonna get colder, but no snow :( have a great day!

16. Love those pictures, Susie. Were you actuslly on the ice taking those?

Must be weird living in a place where one can walk upon water …

18. Cathy Ulrich says:

Nice shots, Susie! We were up at Winter Part today – It wasn’t too bad – but I’m thinking I’m gonna need some PTex the next time I get my skis tuned…

Nice pics! But that really doesn’t look like much of a thaw…
    As for me, bring on the spring!!!

20. unfetteredbs says:

4 degrees here.. hate hate hate it. But i love your pictures :)

Now that you have your Polar Bear certification, you can eat lunch anywhere you want. Cool. Very, very cool……

22. It never thaws out up here. I’m so jealous…

23. filbio says:

Great pics, but that looks really cold out! Glad here in NYC it hasn’t been that bad yet! Stay warm!

Phil

24. disashisoul says:

These are some amazing images, thank you for sharing!

25. Audrey says:

Beautiful photos! You’re a brave lady for going out there too. :) Stay safe and warm!

26. What you haven’t had enough ice cold dunking for one year? Stay off that ice woman!

Pretty pictures, but it looks cold. I wish we had some of the white stuff. It’s been really cold here in Northern California, but still no snow at my house. Tahoe’s having a good ski season though. Yay!!!

We may have to fly to Tahoe! It is still lean in the mountains. Here in the front range, we are having another springlike day! It’s a great day for a hike!
      Don’t worry, I won’t go back out there until the cold snap and then I will bring my skates. :)
      Thanks Patricia and have a great weekend!

Snow came, temps made it go away along with the ice on the pond in Stanley Park. No worry. Next week in the 20’s w/ wind chill. Yippeee. Also check NYLON DAZE blog. Your photos and Patti’s give me a wonderful perspective on NYC and Col. Two places I’d love to commute between.

28. Right now it’s 29 in the Big Apple. Please ask Courtney to pack some of our winter chill to take home to you. Love the pix and VERY glad that you didn’t crash through the thin ice, Wild Rider.

I am ready for some more snow, so I will pass that along to her. Courtney just called while I was writing this comment and she is boarding. They had a fab time and are exhausted, but happy travelers!
      Thanks!

29. It’s warmed up here in Wichita for a few days too and we’re enjoying as many dog walks as we can get in!

Congrats on your 200th post!

30. I have to say I really do enjoy a good fluffy snowfall. We just had a storm and the kids and I all went outside to play.It was so quiet and beautiful. But I am counting down the days until spring, which here should come around May.

Me too! Bring it on Mother Winter! Is winter a mother or a father? I think I am mixing him up with Father Time…
      We are going to the mountains tomorrow to get our fix of snow.
      I hope spring comes to Maine before then!

31. Nia Simone says:

Gorgeous. Thanks!

Yeah, we Californians are grateful for some warmer weather but we could use a refresh of the white stuff.

Cheers,

Nia

32. Great Captures – I am so ready for spring – tired of the ice, freezing fog and really cold temps! Happy Friday:)

33. Great photos!

We’ve been having the weirdest weather here. Single digits for a week. In the 50’s for a week. Single digits. 50’s. It’s really jarring.

34. timethief says:

Wonderful images! I had enough memories of below zero winters on the prairies and in the mountains to last a lifetime. Now I’m making winter memories on the coast.

Very cool, creative shots, Susie!

36. Mid 60’s today in Miami.

37. Reblogged this on All Things Geography and commented:
    It warmed up into the 30s here in Brookings, SD this week. But, we’ll be seeing sub-zero temperatures for highs by Monday. Ouch.

38. I love the cold air but we are free of snow for the time being. We had a few warm days and everything tried to bud out and then an instant freeze. However, nothing like what you have in your neck of the woods.

39. Out on cracking ice? Bad Susie! Bad! I still like the pictures though ;)

Thank you! I figured it would send a warning “shout” if it began to crack. I noticed the coyote that was out here the other day ran around the pond…Maybe it is smarter than I am. :)

40. sfbell09 says:

Great shots of the ice and sunset. Or was it (shuddering…) sunrise!

41. Love the photos. Here in Ontario we had 3 days of thaw and now back to -29 celcius which is about -20F. We are in for the whole week of it next week. May I go back to Northern California please??:)
    HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

42. Your photos are breathtaking! I actually forgot it was ice for a minute.

43. CC MacKenzie says:

Love the photos! We’re having it too, just a couple of inches but the wind makes it feel like minus10!