Show Me Your ‘Stache!

kellyandleksy

My son Kelly and his girlfriend Leksy sporting their ‘staches.

It’s No Shave November or Movember, a month of growing facial hair to bring awareness to prostate cancer. Want to join me in donning a ‘stache and doing a little blog hop? While having some fun, we can get the word out about a disease that can be hard for a lot of men to talk about.

This cancer is very common among men and very treatable. According to the American Cancer Society, there are over 2 million survivors. I have a couple of friends that are being treated for it right now. Like breast cancer, it is all about early detection.

Rockin the staches for Movember

Post a picture rockin’ your No Shave November mustache, beard, or full-on facial fur on your blog and paste the link back here in this comment section. I will add it to the bottom of this post.

I will keep a photo on the side of my blog to click on. You can check back and click to see who’s added their ‘staches to the list!

Remember to include a link to a donation site.

Donations can be made to No Shave November at Cancer.org.

I can’t wait to see your photos!

Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter. The more facial hair photos, the better. It will be a WILD month!

Have you noticed that men are getting harrier this month?

Here are some fabulous ‘stache posts to check out!

We need some women to balance the list out!

JWo from Life of JWo

John Howell from Fiction Favorites

Waldo “Wally” Tomosky from As I wandered

Andy from Our Life in 3D

Charles Williams at Fingerprints

Maria at Swimming to My 50’s

Kassandra Lamb from Mysterio Press

Ginger Fight Back

Prostate Cancer

American Cancer Society – Prostate Cancer

Movember – Wikipedia

This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

60 Responses to Show Me Your ‘Stache!

1. Pingback: Stone cold motivation. (Whiskers optional) | Philosopher Mouse of the Hedge

2. Jean says:

Well, I donated once…2 yrs. ago to some guys on a team for the Canadian charity on prostate cancer.

My 84 yr. father is dying of prostate cancer. He’s had it for the past 4 years. At this time, he is on a trial drug which only controls spread, doesn’t cure it. He is not on chemo yet…which surely will weaken him a lot.

A sister-physician explained that prostate cancer can affect 80% of men: but it’s just that for some men they get it much later in life and end up dying sooner of other diseases.

My father on the other hand, has no respiratory, cardio problems…ever. His posture is affected now by age..hunched over.

By the way, best of luck with your masectomy recovery, etc.

3. Pingback: Up My Alley [Blogversary Edition] | Fingerprints

4. Pingback: Veterans, Gratitude and My Post-Menopausal Fu Manchu (plus boxed sets) | Misterio Press

5. Pingback: Cupping Balls for Movember? | Susie Lindau's Wild Ride

6. Applause for the post and pixs (chasing assorted cats and dogs trying to get a cute one to post along)

You’ve got the sexiest mustache going.

8. filbio says:

It is a fun idea for a worthy cause. I can dig up a few hairy faced pics of me from last year if I look around. I know a bunch of friends that so this every year.

9. Giving it a go this year Susie

10. Thanks Susie for your many creative suggestions!
    Prostate cancer seems little known in Nigeria, and I am joining this campaign to kickstart its awareness, especially the good news of it treatment to my countrymen.
    Check out my wild growth in here:

11. PapaBear says:

The Fu is not for you…, Handlebars are your style, Susie. As I have been forbidden to sport facial hair (says it makes me look like a “dirty old man”) I am left to participating in spirit. Fun idea ! ~~~Paul

12. My beard grows really fast. People think I’m growing a beard after a couple days, so this should be easy!

Every month is ‘stache month for me. The first time I could grow one in the service, I did and have had one ever since in various permutations.

Permutations. I like that word! Fantastic Tom! Put a ‘stache on a cactus or a family pet or take a selfie (self-portrait) and post it in regards to prostate cancer awareness, then come back with your link!

14. If I wait long enough between waxings, I don’t even need a fake one. (I know, gross, but I’m German and that’s what happens.)

I’ll keep checking back and maybe even post a pic of myself.

15. Kelly growing a stache ? Got me for a second.

Mine just normally belongs there. I’m thinking about who to impose one on …

17. Here is mine my friend…

I did a quickie on my last post on Movember. I feel like the poster child for what it promotes! Thanks for wearing your ‘stache so proudly!

18. Thanks for promoting this Susie. Near and dear to my heart as you know.

19. Just re-tweeted this! LOVE IT. I have been thinking of Andy @ http://ourlifein3d.com/. He’s sporting quite the facial hair. :) Besides not shaving my legs, I am going to proudly showcase my natural dark mustache that I try to get rid of all the time, and NOT WAX IT! WOOT! WOOT! I knew having a lot of dark Spanish hair would benefit me one day! LOL.

20. EagleAye says:

I can’t join in. My wife hates it when my ‘stache even a little long. She’ll stop kissing me. I just can’t live without her kisses!

21. Great Idea Susie. You are the best. Here is mine http://wp.me/p2Qoij-PG

22. JWo says:

I’m growing my Mo for Movember, which meant being clean shaven for the first time in 10+ years.

I rock the clean look whenever possible, Susie.
    But I’ll try to support this noble of causes however I can.
    Once again, you amaze me, my friend. Well done.

24. Angelia Sims says:

Adorable! I’ll have to find some staches. :-)