This Just In!

The Polar Vortex has affected weather patterns and has also changed migration. Geese have been spotted on the equator while Antarctic penguins could be found walking single file along northbound highways.

After record snow this winter, Colorado ski areas are considering staying open until the 4th of July. They plan to close with a bang.

Old ski photo

Recent earthquakes in California have sent many residents into their backyards to camp, This has caused an acute shortage of tents, graham crackers and marshmallows.

old camping photo

So many Wisconsinites have moved south while waiting for spring to arrive, no one was in the stands when the UW Badgers made it to the final four. The university is considering busing California residents for the next game.

old bus photo

Donald Trump will join Dancing with the Stars next season. Old apprentice favorites will compete while Trump takes over Tom Bergeron’s job. He will fire all but the mirror ball trophy winner.

MIRROR BALL TROPHY

The remake of Gilligan’s Island is in the works. Rumor has it, Zooey Deschanel will play Mary Ann, Christina Hendricks will play Ginger, Gene Hackman will play Mr. Howell, Joan Rivers will play Mrs. Howell, Harrison Ford will play the Professor, Jack Black will play the Skipper, and Jim Carey will play Gilligan.

gilligan's island

Apple will release their latest invention called iAm. The device worn around the neck can keep track of heart rate, cholesterol, how many calories burned and can make suggestions with how to attain goals through GPS. It has shock settings which are triggered when the wearer takes an elevator instead of the stairs.

tennis

ZAP!!!

APRIL FOOLS

Will you prank anyone?

This entry was posted in Humor and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

78 Responses to This Just In!

1. Oh my gosh, Susie! LOL! I’m reading this so late that I completely forgot about April Fools. I was raising and eyebrow but at the same time finding each item at least plausible. I’m really disappointed to learn that the remake of Gilligan’s Island isn’t going to happen. The casting was perfect. :-)

2. Pingback: Ramblings and Results | Susie Lindau's Wild Ride

3. Angelia Sims says:

OMG! Lol! I was getting excited about the iAM gadget geek that I am. Heh. Good one!

4. Widdershins says:

Best Gilligan’s Island fantasy cast, evah!

5. Oh man, I was looking forward to the Gilligan’s Island remake. Dang it!

You’re too cute, Susie.

6. Piper Bayard says:

You had me with that “Gilligan’s Island.” Happy April Fools Day!

You’re a jester at heart, Susie Lindau…

8. Austin says:

Happy April Fool’s Day! Thanks for the laughs! :)

9. I knew something was up! :) I’ve been a bit shaky all day, after waking half way through the night to find my computer had opened iTunes by itself, was playing a merry little 1920s tune, and all the files on the desktop had been mysteriously renamed. It’s messing with me!

10. I might prank company management and actually report to The Grind on time tomorrow, Susie. I guarantee that it won’t happen again all year.

11. It’s a shame that “Gilligan’s Island” won’t be cast that way. I think you’re on to something, Susie! “Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale…”

12. I do not prank because I do not want to be pranked – ha! My grandfather was a prankster and he was a nice prankster though. BroCraves on the other hand was not – I am lucky to have survived childhood with him and my mom threatened his life if he pulled anything on my wedding day. I am all for fun, but not when it turns not so nice and someone gets hurt (bodily or emotionally). Happy April:)

13. I would have to watch that Gilligan’s island!

14. Good one! And I so wanted to see Jack Black in that movie.

15. Ha! That was very good. I get too nervous around April Fools to prank anyone. But I have to say, you have motivated me. Hmmmmmm……

16. I’d watch that Gilligan’s Island! Gene Hackman and Harrison Ford are tops on my list.

Wouldn’t that be a blast???? I would love to go see that show… Can you imagine the banter between Ginger, Mary Ann and Mrs. Howell! Christina, Zooey and Joan can hold their own!

17. Very funny Susie. Actually, I would like to see that cast for a Gilligans Island movie!

18. Love your cast of Gilligan’s Island! Not a prankster here. But when I was a kid, my brothers and I switched the salt and sugar one morning at breakfast. We were very disappointed when our father didn’t even notice the sugar on his egg or the salt in his tea… until we brought it up.

Oh wow! He didn’t notice??? It must have been very early in the morning for him…
      Thanks so much! Wouldn’t that be the best cast ever???? I would go and see it for sure!

19. Talia Hardy says:

On the subject of technology Susie, Here’s one for you. Man wins 16 year battle to get Windows 95 to reboot. ;)

I forgot all about April Fools till now. I’d better watch out. Good post…thanks for a nice start to my day, Susie… I was actually starting to believe some of that.

21. ermigal says:

Haha–you had me as I scrolled down, the authority of your words not clicking as a prank…actually, until the end! That’s how mesmerized I was by the scenarios and even more, the pictures! Thanks for the laughs, Susie! :-)

Rumor has it a gilligan’s Island movie is in the works.
    Where do the lies end and the truth begin????

Happy pre-April Fools day!

23. barbtaub says:

I went to a girls’ school, so of course we did it all — clear gelatin in the toilets, butyric acid in the ventilation system, cow on the roof (did you know they can’t walk down stairs?), etc. Fun times.

24. These are hilarious, Susie!

25. Well migration is kind of for real.. The Canadian Geese arrived in many parts of Ontario last week and disappeared. In 40 years this has never happened. Did they turn around? Wildlife experts have no clue.

This is was a good morning smile.
    Thanks

26. chazdesimone says:

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot last year. You really had me until I read the Apple part. Made it all the way to the end. Funny, just 30 minutes ago I sent a proof to a client for his new logo which is Inner Alignment Method — IAM. No foolin’. I’ll send him your article.

27. No pranks for me but I think your casting of Gilligan’s Island is spot on. It would be remarkable, don’t you think?

28. I am like Diana – I don’t like it, I don’t want it to happen to me so I don’t do it! But your post is hysterical!

29. dmswriter says:

For a minute there when you said Donald Trump was joining DWTS, I had a vision of his trademark hairdo flopping around his ears as he spun around on the dance floor Not a pretty sight! Not sure I’d like him any more in the emcee spot, but who knows – it could work! Great prank, Susie!

30. Once when I was little we sneaked over in the dark and tied plastic flowers all over a bush a flowering neighbor had bought, bragged about, and pampered, but it never had any flowers – until that night. We had neighborhood pranks – but those were all pretty mild/harmless – and very funny compared to now. Tomorrow, maybe just duck and cover.
    (great old pix….where are the bikini girls of CO spring skiing?)

Hahaha! That is the best! I bet your neighbor took a double take!
      Now that my husband and daughter proofed my story, I won’t be able to prank them tomorrow. I can always start early before they really wake up… I will have to think of something for my son. For me it’s always about telling a big fib!
      I would guess Aspen. That’s quite a wall of snow!
      Thanks Phil!

31. The only prank I ever did was put salt in the sugar bowl so my dad would have a horrible coffee… sad eh? I don’t like to be pranked so I don’t do it…