A bad cold is just like this…

We’re all in denial when experiencing the first sneeze. We’re still feeling great.

1283773005_parkour-wall-climbing

We go about our day and brush off that first little tickle in our throats.

1240302804_nice-bike-trick

Then we notice something just isn’t right.

1295259061_woman-high-jump-fail

Drinking coffee doesn’t snap us out of it.

1292331421_fly-owns-frog

We wake up in a fog.

1297687844_drunk-man-vs-escalator

With sinuses blocked, our heads feel like they’ll explode.

1307032252_atomic_bomb_mushroom_cloud_explosion

We look in the mirror and don’t recognize ourselves.

1289237509_monkey-scared-of-own-reflection

We get really sleepy.

1322508462_dog_falls_asleep_in_the_water

You think you’re performing at an acceptable level, but others can see you’re not yourself.

1233928590_citizen kane clapping

After ten days, it still has you in its grip, but you’re getting stronger.

1313493936_cutest-bear-attack-ever

Then, one morning, you wake up feeling refreshed.

1382900391_dog_dances_on_two_legs

I’m hoping that day is tomorrow…

1336405452_slomo_hanger_cat_jump

Did you go through the winter unscathed or did you get the common cold?

About Susie Lindau

This entry was posted in Humor, Life and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

82 Responses to A bad cold is just like this…

1. Hope you’re fine now. With this crazy up and down weather here in NYC I have a head cold now. 70 one day and then 35 rain and snow the next night! This is nuts. I want a warm Spring!

I normally never get sick except for the horrioble stomach bug I caught this winter. Felt like Montezuma’s revenge!

2. I hope you’re finally feeling better! You’ve perfectly captured what it feels like when you just know that cold is coming. My husband is “suffering” right now, and I’m hoping he’s the end of the line! I think the best part of a cold is the day you realize it’s gone!

3. Knock on wood, I’ve made it through except for one little week when I was travelling. This post was so entertaining with these clips. Left me thinking over and over, “what happens next?!” ~Catherine

Such a clever girl… hope you are feeling better.

5. pegoleg says:

Common cold…uncommon photos. Hope you’re all better soon!

6. Go figure, Susie. Mathair and I went through the entire winter season without a peep from any sinus afflictions. It wasn’t until my little brother decided to try his hand at the polar dive with his friends that I caught the common cold and that was about two days ago. It was fifty degrees here in the Smokey Mountains and he was dared to jump into the Tennessee. Against mine and our mother’s warnings, he did so, even after I informed him I’d kick his butt if he got me sick. Now, both Mathair and I, are sniffling and nasally. ;)

7. Widdershins says:

Love the gifs. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

8. karenmcfarland says:

What is this about a cold? That sounds miserable Susie. I hope this is a germ free website. I don’t want to catch any viruses. Keep it to yourself. I’m really sorry that you’re sick girl. It’s going around. So far, so good here. But I hear that it’s a doozy. I hope you’re back on your feet soon. And wow, those are some crazy pictures. I guess the trick is not to look at them all at once. I went cross-eyed. Lol! :)

You have to watch each one, then it doesn’t get to you. I have a problem with the moving gifs on PicMonkey. They are so distracting!
      This was the classic common cold I will be over it by tomorrow and that will be 2 weeks. Thank God, since I am super busy this week!!
      Thanks Karen! I disinfected before you stopped by!

9. Austin says:

I had the lingering Winter Death. I think I’ve finally shaken it now…

10. Jess Witkins says:

Ohmygod, that man walking up the down escalator. HILARIOUS!!!

When I first saw that guy on Sunday, I wondered how he was doing that! Obviously, he epitomizes my brain function when experiencing a bad cold. :) Thanks for stopping by Jess!

11. Seriously, that dog dancing on tiptoe? I can’t focus on anything else. SO cute. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Dese codes id der dose cad be a…a…CHOOO!… a total pest.

13. Feel better soon, Susie. *sending virtual lemon tea with honey … and a smidge of rum, when you feel it might help … stir with a cinnamon stick*

And please pass the pain au chocolat!!! I included one in a rewrite this morning and have been craving one all day. :)
      Thanks Pat! I’m just about to make green tea..

14. I am knocking on wood because I have been very lucky to stay healthy:) Take Care – Take It Easy!!!

I’m sorry you’re sick. This year, I’ve been sick more than I care to admit. My daughter was sick all last week. Now I’m fighting something again. Probably from taking care of her and always being run down. Isn’t that what we do to ourselves? We should care for ourselves more. Rest, read a book, watch TV, pamper yourself. You have a great excuse now. :)

I am in bed typing responses. How’s that for pampering?? It’s just a cold. I’ll be better by tomorrow. :)
      Sorry to hear you’ve been hit hard this winter. The same thing happened to me. I was taking care of Courtney and didn’t get enough sleep. I hope you kick this one Debra!

16. tomwiskt says:

Unscathed but with a runny nose since last September.

17. Oh yeah – I’ve had all of that, too. I just keep plugging away thinking I’m going to win this battle, but the battle rages on. Thank God for over the counter meds.

Feel better soon.

18. timethief says:

I’m sorry to read you are ill and I’m wishing you a speedy recovery.

P.S. I zoomed right on by those awful animated gifs – Hate them, I do. lol :D

19. I’d say that’s pretty much right on when a cold comes on and I’ve been lucky so far this year to only have major allergy issues. I hope you’re feeling better soon!

20. dmswriter says:

I made it through the winter without any big sniffles – hate to even say that out loud, like I’m jinxing myself. I sometimes experience what I call Sympathy Sniffles. The kids will come home coughing and blowing their noses, and within a few hours, I swear I’m convinced I must be coming down with what they have. Every twitch, every sniff seems to be a harbinger of doom. Don’t moms have immunity, anyhow?? :)

I initially thought this cold was psychosomatic, but it was the real McCoy. *achoo!* I’m still taking it easy and am hoping to feel a lot better tomorrow!
      I’m glad you made it through!!!

21. Came own with one 1st of December. Finally got antibiotics in February and got over it. Afraid I’m coming down with nasal drip to start another one.

22. I love it!! So nice to have a good chuckle!

I love these Gifs!! I hope you feel 100 percent soon Susie. I got a cold or something else from going to Disneyland about three weeks ago.

Went on a trip to the east coast to drive a truck back to Michigan from Florida for my dad, feeling crappy. Got home and gave it to my wife. Now she is dealing with it. Enough already!

I’m sorry to hear that! I was really worried, I’d given it to Courtney while she was recuperating from her tonsillectomy, but she never did come down with it! Yay!
      I was run down, but I’m feeling a little better today!
      I had so much fun putting these Gifs together. They cracked me up!
      Thanks!

24. cold free for the fourth year Susie! Plenty of exercise and vegetables!

I’d still rather have a cold than an extended hayfever season.

26. Ha,ha!! Perfect description with gifs and all! My throat continues to ache, I am hoping this is due to allergies and NOT a horrible cold. Allergies are expected to be horrendous this year. We shall see. I hope today is the tomorrow you were wishing for! :)

I am feeling a little better, thanks! So sorry to hear you have a sore throat. That’s how mine started, but allergies can be like that too. We are just about to go into the itchy-eyed season. Oh joy!
      The GIFs are hysterical. I had to share… :)

27. I have not had a cod in 2 years. Being in Canada for the winter almost gave me one but I fought it.. knock on wood.. Do not envy you.. Feel better..:0 Love the GIFS :)

28. Almost made it, but I was knocked out two weekends ago–still have the cough. Ugh.

29. Made it so far without a cold *knock wood*. *wash knuckle*

30. That is the most visually perfect description I have ever seen of a cold. Yes, I have been doing the cold battle. In my house I got it first so I am the evil one. I gave it to He-Who. He-Who gave it back to me. I gave it back, etc. This has been going on for over a month now. In between I have felt really good though.
    I hope your cold is better soon.

Thanks! It was a fun little project and I only found one typo this morning. Not bad after having a head full of snot!
      I’ve been taking tons of vitamin C and EmergenC while drinking gallons of green tea. I feel a little better today. Whew! The only cold pills I took were only supposed to be good for 4 hours, but 8 hours later, I woke up in bed completely buzzing..
      I hope you stay healthy!

31. HA HA HA. What a great way to laughingly start the day. Not your cold, but this picture book perfect post. Hope you avoid the full vicious cat-like attack of the cold and heel better soon. Everyone’s sneezing, snorting and choking due to pollen here..or so they say. Been dodging it so far…you must have collected mine? (knock on wood) thanks!

Thanks Phil! I got this idea yesterday when I was too drowsy to write anything. I’m feeling much better today. Man, the common cold can suck! I kept telling myself that it was pollen in the beginning even though nothing was blooming. :)

32. Where’s the vomit pic?

33. How odd– I react the same way looking into the mirror even when I don’t have a cold. Hope you feel better soon, Susie. I haven’t had a cold but I had the worst stomach bug of my life a week ago and still don’t feel myself today.

Stomach viruses are the WORST!!!
      That cat cracked me up. As I get older, I can so relate. I’m like, “Who is that woman?”
      I hope you’re feeling better Darla. I finally turned a corner and plan to get a lot of writing done today. :)

34. Hope you’re back to full strength soon, Susie. I’ve been lucky to avoid the cold for a couple of years now, I think. But I’m touching wood as I say that – wouldn’t want to jinx it!

I didn’t get much sleep when Courtney had her surgery and we ran out of vitamins. A deadly combination.
      I’m feeling better today, thanks! Good luck! You’re just going into cold and flu season, right?

35. Cathy Ulrich says:

Great post even if you’re not at your best, Susie. Hope you’re feeling better soon!

36. Oops, reading blogs in bed. Hit send prematurely.

37. Susie, I have a vicious cold right now. It’s a monster. I’m fever and phlegm on feet. This one rates a sick day. I’d much rather be at The Grind feeling like my regular self than this sneezing, coughing and aching mess reading blo