Dear Holiday Diary,
After a week of decorating, I still am surrounded by doodads and ditzies just begging to be made into some form of centerpiece, swag or other holiday shimmery thing. It doesn’t help that I keep looking up at my cupboards with the memory of this ceiling I spied while in Denver.
Thanks a lot, Oxford Hotel. I’m still trying to forget the images of Patsy Ramsey’s house. Now I want to buy gold ribbon to swing from above my cupboards to the top of my chandelier. As if I don’t already have enough to do –
- Finish sketching the Christmas card.
- Note to self: Ask Danny to hide all the scissors in the house. NO POPUPS!
- Ink the illustration.
- Blog the contest to win a Christmas card.
- Put away crafting supplies and duct tape the containers shut. Danny should hide them too.
- Start baking.
- Get outside! It’s supposed to drop from the 50’s to below zero by Wednesday. Maybe I can add one more string of lights to the outdoor display, I mean, take a hike.
Ideas keep popping into my mind. I need to make them stop. I’ll let you know how I manage.
Have you started your holiday traditions? Are you scrambling like I am?